Equal Opportunity Employer is seeking
Salary range $103,000 to $112,000 plus pension/benefits
The MICs Pharmacist provides leadership and direct clinical support for three hospital sites within MICs and is the Program Lead for the MICs Pharmacy Department. This full-time, non-union position reports to the Chief Nursing Officer and is part of the Clinical Services Team. Responsibilities include review and assessment of medication orders, responding to drug related questions, oversight of medication use, and supervision and support to the Pharmacy Technician staff in drug distribution and drug preparation related activities, including chemotherapy preparation.
- Previous/current hospital experience. Chemotherapy experience is an asset.
- Be the narcotics signer for the organization
- Previous experience and demonstrated abilities in supervisory or administrative functions
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to function well under pressure
- Experience and knowledge in computer-based information systems required
- Physically able to accomplish required tasks
- Availability to provide on call coverage
- Travel and reliable vehicle are required.
- Ability to communicate in French is considered an asset.
- Current licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Pharm D preferred
- Member of the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- Hospital Pharmacy Residency
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process in accordance to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.