As you are aware, as of March 11, 2020, COVID-19 was declared a pandemic and further precautions were mandated to be put in place. COVID-19 has been confirmed in four provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec.
MICs is taking all necessary precautions to ensure patients, residents and staff are well cared for and safe. We have implemented a number of measures, including:
1) Active screening at all long-term care sites
2) Self-screening and designated staff entrances at all sites
3) Restricting Visiting Hours from 0800 a.m. to 0800 p.m.
4) Encouraging individuals who are symptomatic to stay home and contact Public Health (1-800-461-1818) or Teleheath Ontario (1-866-797-0000) for guidance. Visit their sites for up-to-date information: http://www.porcupinehu.on.ca/en/ and https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-medical-advice-telehealth-ontario
5) Discouraging visitors to visit acute or long-term care patients/residents if they have a cough, fever or shortness of breath/difficulty breathing. Please stay home.
6) If experiencing acute symptoms and Telehealth directs you to go to your emergency department, please contact your emergency department ahead of your visit to ensure that staff can implement appropriate measures and provide additional guidance.