Equal Opportunity Employer is seeking
Rosedale Centre, Matheson
(days, evenings and night shifts)
Education & Experience
- Practical Nurse diploma from an accredited College
- One year current work experience in an acute care, Complex Continuing Care and long-term care setting
- Commitment to participate in continuing education, including but not limited to, mandatory education sessions
License and/or Certificate
- Current unrestricted Practical Nurse license with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Aseptic technique for RPNs, Medication Administration for RPNs, wound management and basic foot care (if not part of general curriculum)
- Current BLS Certificate, First Aid, IV therapy, performing ECG
- Must hold and maintain current certification in Gentle Persuasive Approach; willingness to obtain PIECES training
- Ministry of Labour Worker Health & Safety Awareness Training Certificate
General Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent assessment skills. Knowledge & practice of Nursing Process, CNO standards & legislated acts to provide quality patient care to all age groups.
- Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects; Take vital signs, apply aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensure infection control, monitor nutritional intake and conduct specimen collection; Provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures; Monitor patients’ progress, evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions and consult with appropriate members of healthcare team
- English speaking; French is considered an asset.
- Experience with computers including Outlook, PCC, PCS/Meditech
Personal Habits & Qualities
- Initiative – effective interpersonal skills – flexibility – accuracy – team player – excellent written and verbal communication – client focus – interpersonal awareness -dependability – good judgement, values and ethics – reliability – organization
- Excellent attendance record and strong work ethic
- Understands and adheres to confidentiality requirements
- Adaptable to changing circumstances, workloads and working conditions
- Disciplinary and attendance records will be considered in appropriate circumstances
- Work under pressure – repetitive tasks – physically demanding – manual dexterity – attention to detail – combination of sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling for long periods of time
- As per job description.
- Routines and other duties as required.
Please submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org